Monday, August 16, 2010

Masterpiece Monday

Over the weekend DH and I took the kids on an adventure:bargain hunting for...well anything, but we ended up with nothing other than BOOKS! What a great way to end the weekend. Here is one that is now an absolute favorite:



How could I not buy this one? I love the sea! Stella is one clever little girl who knows all of the seas secrets and if you'd like to know a few of its secrets, well, you'll just have to read this one too! 

Since I always have more than one masterpiece here I'll pleasantly include another exceptional favorite of mine that is full of animal secrets and a little blond boy hidden among the colorful pages:

An
Anxious
Aspiring
Author
Anticipating
Authordom
Absolutely
Adores...



A few funny and interesting things about Graeme Base: 

"He graduated from art school and then spent two years in advertising before being sacked for incompetence." He went on to illustrate Animalia--it took him over 3 years to complete--but it also became a grand "worldwide phenomena". Kudos Graeme! So who's to say this won't happen:

An
Anxious
Aspiring
Author: Angela 
Anticipating 
Authordom
Accomplishes
All Awesome Albeit Ardent 
Aspirations


So writers everywhere get in the Animalia mood, follow suit, and write in like fashion to celebrate...or just uncover a few secrets. I'd be much obliged to enjoy them all if you'll only send me a link to all your fun!






1 comment:

  1. Hey, girl! You're right Google Chrome--no crashing. I wanted to say that first book looks AMAZING! I loved reading stuff like that w/my girls... I do hate that they're getting older now and aren't so interested in the beautiful picture books. :o| But I think Stella looks wonderful~

    ReplyDelete

Comments that are inappropriate for younger audiences will be deleted. Keep it clean!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails