Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Workshop Caught in a Bling Moment

Remember this?





It was and is the holy grail of pagers according to the residents/doctors of Seattle Grace Hospital from the TV show Grey's Anatomy. Yes, it is the very same one.  In any event a surgery is given to another resident, the owner of the pager can override it and step in to do the surgery instead of the resident already scheduled for it. Way cool eh? Yeah I think so. The sparkle pager.Yup that one. It got me thinking. If only there were something similar to it in the publishing world. But no, that wouldn't be fair would it now. So I've considered these two options for my own phone or something similar:






Wouldn't it be perfect to have a cell phone just for phone calls from that super bad agent you are waiting to hear from or that publisher you so want to work with to get your book published? Well I'm done thinking!  I'm going to cover my phone with bling, give it some character and dress it up for the occasion, should it come. This isn't wishful thinking. No I'm making it happen. I'm devoted. See my bling!



Invested=Devoted.


What are some funky ways you have shown devotion to the craft of writing or towards getting published? Yeah those little things that may seem fetish, but that you consider normal. Yeah those. While you ponder all that, I'll be doing critique today for workshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are inappropriate for younger audiences will be deleted. Keep it clean!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails