Thursday, September 16, 2010

Que Sera Sera




I've been away for far too long!  But "time away"  has taken me to the Tennessee Smokey Mountains, Gatlinburg. For the first time ever I raced, go kart style. I can say that it was the most fun I have had in a long while. Speed on a track equals heaps of  gigantic fun. Yes, I said it. Squeals of fun!

Now with that said, and my neglectful behavior (for ignoring my blog) put off to the side and corrected, I believe my imagination wants to cut a deal with me. I absolutely must aspire to racing the ever mysterious Stig of Top Gear---it seems the most logical thing when I consider great amounts of fun are at stake--only my imagination wants the real thing. Yes, it is a lofty goal, but it could be fun! I'd lose, but it would be daredevil fun and my imagination would benefit a great deal from the real thing, even if I were only in the passenger seat.

Of course the real thing is unlikely, but at least I came close while in Gatlinburg with go kart tracks aplenty, and a made-for-speed husband who found it delightful to race me and the good friends who invited us along.

Gatlinburg was just what I needed. We were surrounded my lush green trees and foliage; plenty of winding, curved roads; lots of rain; and colorful, falling leaves. Is it a bit early for all that? I think so, but it seems the seasons have their own switch despite what my calendar says.

With time ticking away, the New Voices deadline soon approaches and I feel I am rushing to perfect my submission.  Life always gets in the middle of my silly writing and I find myself thinking that without life--in other words, those little interruptions--there would be nothing worthwhile to write about if it ceased. I am ever grateful that life gets in the way of things!

Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be!


What are your life's little interruptions? How do they inspire what you write about? Do you have a WIP that was inspired by something that happened from your life file? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are inappropriate for younger audiences will be deleted. Keep it clean!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails