Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fanatic Friday

“I have a theory about the human mind. A brain is a lot like a computer. It will only take so many facts, and then it will go on overload and blow up.”
Erma Bombeck quotes (U.S. humorist, 1927-1996)



I am currently in project overload. I'm trying to read three novels, learn the art of making wire jewelry, and the skill of keeping my family wonderfully happy. What more can I add to my list? Ah ha! I've got it, I'll enter the Cheerios "Spoonfuls of Stories" new author contest. Woo, there I said it. The deadline is July 15, 2010 and the winner will be announced in October! The great with this contest is that I can enter as many stories as I want, with no entry fee! I was told by last years winner that many, many, aspiring authors enter this contest because it can put the winner "on the map". So the odds are against me, but I'm not letting that hurl me to a curb, I've got nothing to lose. I wonder where I will fit in with the other authors. Wish me luck!


On another note I came across one more quotes that I love:

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
— Maya Angelou


“I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the word begin to move around. Stressed accents begin to invert. The word abandons its meaning like an overload which is too heavy and prevents dreaming. Then words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young. And the words wander away, looking in the nooks and crannies of vocabulary for new company, bad company.”
Gaston Bachelard quotes (French Philosopher and Poet. 1884-1962)

The end of that sounds so dreary...
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are inappropriate for younger audiences will be deleted. Keep it clean!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails