Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday on Holiday

Okay I lied. Saturday is NOT on said holiday. I tried desperately to derail this post but have failed. Secrets have a way of finding their way to the public right?

Me: Saturday I really think you shouldn't share what we discussed. Has no one taught you the importance of top-secret finesse?
Saturday: It might be cool?
Me: How? How!
Saturday: Really it's just a matter of time, a matter of relativity. They could relate to something else, or not.
Me: But...
Saturday: No. No more. I'll call out the PR  people. If it gets out of hand, if anyone busts our chops... we will distract them with ice cream and pixie dust. They will be so occupied they won't remember any of it. I assure you. Your secret's safe wit me. Ha!

So here it is: the ultimate memo

Things We Have Done In the Name of Research: Finding Our Inner Kid.

1. Food fights @ the dinner table
2. Played in the sprinklers-squirted the hose at others-brought out the water balloons--used them like an army brat tossing live grenades.
3. Walked on tip-toes past sleeping hubby love. Used sharpie on DH (okay not yet but planning it).
4. Sung at top of lungs to Fiddler on the Roof in front of toddler who laughed hysterically then tried to imitate us.
5. Dipped french fries in milk shakes and laughed with milk shake mustaches.
6. Sung Little Mermaid songs in shower, yes at top of lungs!

In my world...did I mention...it might be cool...if I...

1. Got a haircut from Edward Scissorhands.
2. Could have a "fairest of them all" mirror smack on my bathroom wall.
3. Could play the part of Sleeping Beauty just once. What does one have to do to get some sleep around here?
4. Could just once play the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters.
5. Could share ownership of Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium.
6. Could meet Dustfinger from Inkheart.
7. Could borrow Little Red's riding hood for excursions to grandmothers house
8. Could sit stop the lap of the Abe Lincoln Monument--but this is naturally out of the question.
9. Could Lift Excalibur from the stone.
10. Could vacation in Suessville/land.
11. Could fly atop a sparrow like Thumbelina.
12. Could have my very own secret garden--old antique key and all.
13. Could fly with Pan. Wait....I do that already.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." ~Willy Wonka

So what are your picks? Add to the list(s). 

6 comments:

  1. I dunno. Some of those I wouldn't have even done when I was a kid! lol. I guess I'd fly with pan. Edward Scissor hands freaked me out and I wouldn't want to be the marshmellow man cause he gets blown up. I loved to go fast when I was a kid. Give me a bike, a hill, and the thrill of danger and I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Yeah, mine are extreme. So I'm guessing you like roller coasters too then? There are so many ways to have fun! Thanks for sharing the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not gonna admit to nuffin, and ye can't make me! ;) lol

    thx for dropping over and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but what fun it would be if you did! Just think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesomeness. love, love, love it~
    I was jogging round the 'hood, & an elderly gent squirted me w/the water hose once. I laughed the whole rest of the way.
    My father-in-law likes writing on my daughters w/ink pens... ;p
    I'm the Sleeping Beauty comment. 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha. I would have been shocked at first and then laughed, THEN I woud've run for cover(hearing aids and water don't mix well). That is hilarious! Hopefully you'll get some rest too Sleeping Beauty. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments that are inappropriate for younger audiences will be deleted. Keep it clean!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails