Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Woeful Workshop Wednesday

Happy Cinco de Mayo! 


To celebrate we are holding a Latina book fiesta at our home! I hope you are all having fun too! 


So for workshop today I am studying tips from the Latina pros of children's literature and picture books. Here are a few:


Pat Mora:
http://www.patmora.com/tips.htm




Monica Brown: 
"When I have a complete draft, I ask myself more questions: Have I captured the spirit of my subject in all its brilliance and joy? Will children and their parent's be moved and inspired by this story? Will they have fun reading it?"--Monica Brown 


Pam Munoz Ryan:
 “Sometimes children say to me ‘You’re so lucky’ because when they see me on the day of a school visit, it seems so easy to them. I want them to know that like anything else in life, the harder you work the luckier you get. The more you practice, the better you get. Writing is just the same."




Here is a link to others you can research yourself:


http://www.patmora.com/sampler.htm

Turn up the music while you take an adventure!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are inappropriate for younger audiences will be deleted. Keep it clean!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails